Yield: 4-6 meal portions
This Sweet Potato Quinoa and Veggie Enchilada Bake is a healthy, easy and delicious vegan dinner! It’s full of veggies and can be made a few days in advance. Get the recipe: https://www.shelikesfood.com/sweet-potato-quinoa-veggie-enchilada-bake/ and watch the video on that web page for a complete how to. It’s easy!!!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Dinner, Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Gluten Free
A delicious and filling Mexican inspired dinner!
- 1/2 cup dried quinoa
- 4 cup cubed sweet potato, about 2 large ones
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup grated cheese, divided (I used vegan cheese)
- 2 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- Black pepper
- Optional garnishes: cilantro, red onion, tomato, avocado, jalapeno
- Rinse quinoa and place it in a small pot with 1 cup of water. Bring to a simmer and cook until water is absorbed and quinoa is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. On a large baking sheet, toss together the cubed sweet potato with 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bake sweet potato for 20 minutes.
- While sweet potato is baking, add all the diced bell peppers, zucchini and onion to a bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables to the sweet potatoes, stir and make sure they’re in an even layer. Place back into the oven 10 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Place the sweet potatoes and veggies into a large baking dish and stir in the cooked quinoa, black beans, corn, 3/4 cup of the cheese, enchilada sauce, spices, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Top with the remaining 1/4 of the cheese and place back in the oven until heated through and cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes.
- Top with your favorite garnishes and enjoy!
This recipe can be made up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated until you bake it.
*Nutritional information is for 6 servings
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 601
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 1533 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 112 g
- Fiber: 19 g
- Protein: 23 g